Monday, February 13, 2012

A Tech Tip

D - Day off

As some of you may have noticed, I posted some very pixilated pictures when I first started out (or not if you're new to this). For a while I was just emailing the photo to myself, then posting it to the blog, which solved the problem in a not so elegant manner. A little while back I decided to just think about the problem for a minute to figure out the solution - today, lacking other things to talk about, I thought I'd share.

If you're using an Android phone, and you're having the same problem - just click the menu button, then click on image settings. Select Original and the problem goes away.

Yeah, pretty simple...but who would put 'small' as the default setting... seriously? If you have 4g (or even 3g and a good signal) you might as well upload your high res images since they're saved to picasa for later google searchable use (assuming you're using blogspot). If you google "LongRunningDiscussion" tons of our photos pop up. So does a very cute photo of Matt and Oz though I have no idea who they are.

Now I just need to figure out why editing an existing blog with a photo causes blogger to crash. Still it is pretty fun to be able to start these posts mobile - though I hate the way they look if I don't edit them on my computer first.

In other Blog related news:
I spent last night trying to wrap my mind around what it would take to time a run in NYC so you never hit a stop light. Options include running really slow, running around 6 minute miles or planning runs around blocks. Some Scientist/runner has a great chart up to help you plan this.

Then I remembered I live in Somerville where nothing is timed in waves, and the streets were planned based on cow paths. So, my mind turned to Julie and Erica of Long Distance Neighbors (two long distance friends using a blog to stay close) who's mission is to do a daily good deed. Check out who there give away winner was.
before
after

No comments:

Post a Comment