Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Gotta Love That Dirty Water

D - Ran 5 miles: 44:30ish

My goal today was to get in under 45 minutes (9 minute miles). Wow... cut that one close. I didn't have to wait at a single intersection (an impressive feat in Somerville... even more so if I was in NYC), but my time got tripped up a little ... literaly... by the sidewalk. I think this is the first time I've fallen on a run since high school, and that was trail running with a big group.

The guy (Cobb) that wrote 'Dirty Water' had never been to Boston.
This time, I just sort of ended up going into roll and escaped unscathed. If you do happen to do a forward roll while running, and you're wearing a water belt, it is probably a good idea to check your water bottles for mud before you take a nice big gulp.

Which brings me to the next point - yes I'm running with a water bottle on a five mile run. I love it the day after eating less than healthy meals, recovering from a cold or just not drinking enough water in general. It really helps to keep my runs pleasant in the morning when I (and always do) forget to drink water before I go to bed AND when I wake up.

As an added bonus, people probably think I'm doing some epic double digit mile run first thing in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment