Monday, February 27, 2012

No - I'm Not Taking up Joggling

D- Day off
Lacrosse Balls for massage - not Joggling
Over the weekend I picked up another toy for myself - a set of lacrosse balls. They are solid rubber and surprisingly heavy.
My friend Pete has these lying around his apartment to massage the Plantar (or really any part of the bottom of your feet). After a long run it can hurt, a lot, but in the long run it's a good pain that gives way to relief from stiff feet and Plantar Pains.
The best part is, you can get six for less than fifteen bucks on Amazon. I paid a bit more for them at a chain sporting good store, but totally worth it for instant gratification. Now, I have one for C, one for work, one for home, one for my car and one to give to Alex who always complains about his plantar hurting him.
The sixth one is because I'm perfectly willing to admit I'll be loosing one or more of these.
To use:
For a gentle massage - sitting in a chair, just roll the ball under your foot to massage
For a deeper massage - press down or lean into your foot with the ball under it
To really work it - stand up and put most of your weight on the ball as your roll it along around. You're standing on a ball so make sure you keep your balance.
It seems to work well for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment