Thursday, February 16, 2012

D - Took the Day Off


One thing that can be very hard to do is deciding when to push through and when to give in and take a day off. After my six miles yesterday, thanks to a bit of a cold that sprung up on me, I was feeling worse not better. Today I really tossed around the idea of doing the six, cutting it short or taking the day off. In the end, I decided an extra hour of sleep and not going out in the cold would probably be the best idea.

Yeah, I'm not happy about it, but I think it was for the best.

So, to try to speed things along, I picked up Thermaflu yesterday. Turns out it has Aspartame in it, which triggers this odd allergy I have that causes my throat to get itchy, which isn't helpful when you're fighting a cold. So, I'm going with a good old fashioned infusion of vitamin c via Bolthouse Farms ... and cold syrup and gatorade.

No comments:

Post a Comment