Thursday, January 26, 2012

Higher Mileage, Slower Miles

C - 5.1 miles, 48:50; push Up challenge

I'm being good, I swear.  I didn't push my running pace like I desperately wanted to.  I came home, I iced my knee, I did my push ups, yadda yadda... now please, please let me have a healthy 12 miler on Saturday.   Speaking of push ups, did you see Jon Stewart?  He did more push ups than I would have guessed.  Clearly I need to keep doing my half push ups if I'm going to catch him.

See? Brussel Sprouts on the knee as promised
I love that D's and my running schedule has started upping our weekly miles.  They may be slower, but I love being out on the roads longer - and not just because they mean I don't have run faster.  There is an adrenaline rush that comes with miles, and it's awesome (in case you haven't already figured that out).

So prior to my car's check engine light coming on (again) and my engine starting to make funny scratching noises, I had been thinking about buying compression socks - such as these.  Thing is, compression socks are not cheap and I really don't know how useful they'd be.  People in the Marthon Talk forums do appear to like wearing them after runs, although reviews seem to be a little more mixed about wearing them during runs.  While my car has made the decision for me at the moment, I'm still considering getting socks for after run recovery in the future.  Would love to hear more thoughts about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment