Monday, March 12, 2012

D and C Weekend Runs: Saturday 7.1 miles in 1:09 miles
                                        Sunday 4 miles in ??? (maybe C will update that later).

thank you Weather.com
One week till the New Bedford Half! The good news is that weather.com's ten day forcast extends to race day - and it looks beautiful.

We're still trying to figure out if there will be gatorade at any of the water stops. The overview of the course on RaceVice (updated in 2010) says there was, but then on beginner tri-athlete the same year, a runner comments:
"Honestly, they had everything setup perfect. Shops had post-race discounts, tons of free food I skipped out on. Only improvement would have been Gatorade or something similar at the water stations."

In summary, I have no clue what to think, but I'm pretty sure I won't be running it with a water belt like C is threatening. I'll probably just grab an extra gel ( or 2 or 3) and I'll be fine.

This weekend C commented that I was "running funny". I asked her what she meant. "You're running like you're injured." It's funny how sometimes something just looks off because it is, even if you can't pinpoint the problem. I stided out a bit, and it felt better, but I kept finding my strides becoming choppy - trying to avoid putting weight on my right hip (which is a little sore).

I love my giant sunroof
So, I am still a bit nervous about racing on it this weekend. However, I'm able to hold a comfortable pace despite some hip discomfort when I start quickly or change directions too fast. I'm trying to spend less time sitting at work, and my co-worker (ex-runner) suggested lighter foam rolling - maybe I've been a bit too vigorous with it. Most importantly, it doesn't get worse while running. So - think positive thougths.

Speaking of which:The best part about this weekend (other than getting to spend it with C) was that my sunroof was opened for the first time this season: I love my giant sunroof.

No comments:

Post a Comment