Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Gray Skies and Pink Shoes

C - Ran 5 miles, time unknown 
I'm still in Buffalo visiting my family, so today's run was snowy, gray, and cold.  Luckily, I had my new pink and white shoes to keep me motivated (yes, my shoes are Nike Pegasus- they work well for me).  There was enough snow on the roads that it felt more like cross-country skiing than running.  I like to think that the extra work it takes to run on snow means that I'm getting double the work out.


This was my yummy after run treat.  The chai cookies were made by my lovely lean-cuisine cousin.  The smoothie has banana, strawberry, blueberry, pineapple, kiwi, mango, and orange juice (the more fruit the merrier right??).  I'm a big fan of smoothies whenever possible.  Still, I'm always on the hunt for new post-run snacks, so let me know what works best for you!

Finally, there is SI Top Ten Sports Stories of 2011 - glad Mutai got recognized in the #4 slot.

No comments:

Post a Comment