Sunday, June 2, 2013

Massanutten

D

After a heck of a season of running (set my PR, finally broke 1:45... twice), I'm into that between training schedule funk, where it's really hard to get motivated.

As C mentioned- the cure for this was not to go to Massanutten resort, for what I thought would be a week of running and biking. After tackling a few of the hills (our goal of a 12 mile run the first morning turned into 7 of the toughest miles I've ever run), I cut my few other runs that week down to 3 miles. Instead I spent the week playing golf, hiking, horse-back riding, and zip-lining, so it wasn't a complete waste.

Today's run (which started way too late) got cut to 6.5 miles because of the heat - but it felt good to get some speed in (yay lack of hills now that I'm back in somerville). 

So in place of inspirational running photos, enjoy a beautiful golf vista and C at the overlook where you can see the hills we were dealing with.

No comments:

Post a Comment