Monday, December 10, 2012

A British Jantastic?

C - Sunday - 3 miles & Pilates
      Monday - 4 miles
timeless

Today should have been a non-running day, but I can't run tomorrow.  Despite some soreness from yesterday's pilates, tonight's run felt good and I really picked it up toward the end.  Tomorrow I'm supposed to attend a weight-lifting class with a co-worker during lunch.  If I don't write for the next week, it's because I've pulled every muscle in my wimpy arms.

My well loved running shoes.  Nike's Pegasus works well for me, so all I change is the color.
-Anyway-

I love listening to podcasts when I run, and MarathonTalk in particular.  It's a free podcast put out by a couple of speedy Brits who know what they're talking about and enjoying talking all things running.  It really makes me feel like I'm part of larger running community and, strangely, it keeps me focused while I'm running.  I also appreciate that they're funny without being a non-stop comedy routine; I used to try running to CarTalk, and I actually stopped mid-run a few times because I was laughing so hard.

Jantastic - the Marathon Talk 2013 Spring Motivation Challenge

Bring it! (or bring on January anyway!)

 
The guys at MarthonTalk are hosting an annual challenge from January-March.  You have to predict your goals a month ahead of time as follows (taken from their page):
  • January (Jantastic) = How may runs will you do. Set the number of times per week you are going to run.
  • February (Febulous) = January + How far will your long runs be? Set the distances of your longest runs.
  • March (Marchvellous) = January + February + How fast will you run? Set your race targets.
I'm not sure if I'll do the whole challenge, but trying the January challenge will be a good way to get me moving.  I'm usually pretty good at sticking to my running plans, but <depending on what race David and I choose soon> I may make my January race plan a bit more of a challenge for me :o)


Also, for those following the blog, I said I was going to run a Thanksgiving Day 5k and I did.  Promise.  I've been waiting to write a race report on this race-

Batten Kill Valley Runners
Batten Kill Valley Runners
17th Annual Running of the Turkeys


cause the race results still aren't posted.  Loved the race, but at this rate about all I'll remember are the spiffy gloves all the runners got- and that I promptly lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment